Don't be a super hero

 
I was at a meeting the other day and everyone was so jolly positive and upbeat. Which is really hard if you're not feeling either positive or upbeat.


This morning I read this verse:

Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying. (Romans 12:12, NLT)

It made me think of a post on Facebook written for parents who are having to home-school again, telling them they don't have to do an amazing job. They just have to manage, just do enough.

This verse gives me three things I have to do in this situation.

1) Rejoice in our confident hope. Jesus has got this. He is making all things new. One day 'He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.' (Revelation 21:4). One day He will take me home, and until then I will rejoice as I look forward to it.

2) Be patient in trouble. We are in trouble right now. It is really sucky and it might get worse. It will be a long time before things get better. I am worried that things that I have enjoyed may never come back like they were. I don't have to enjoy this, find it encouraging or grow in amazing ways. I have to be patient and wait.

3) Keep on praying. Keep on bringing things to God. Keep on dumping on Him all the things we can't deal with. Keep on leaning on Him when we can't cope. Keep on badgering him about when we're going to see things new. 

So - I don't need be a super hero! I have one already and He loves me.

 

Comments